The history of this community can be traced to the 1780s, when members of the Mifflin family began dividing their lands into lots. Much of this land was originally a part of the tract known as Brecknock, which was granted to Alexander Humphreys in 1680.
Located at the intersection of two important thoroughfares, a number of homes and businesses were soon constructed here. First known at Mifflin’s Crossroads, and also Piccadilly, the village of Camden was firmly established by the 1790s.
The town became a commercial center, sending most of its products to market by way of Port of Lebanon, and later by rail with the coming of the railroad in the 1850s. Camden was first incorporated in 1852, and again in 1969.
Friends of Historic Information:
President- Daniel Ridgely
Vice-President- Gale Christensen
Secretary- Anita Beckel
Treasurer- Bryan Hudson
Email address FOHC1783@gmail.com